What to Expect
First Step: An initial 15-minute free of charge phone or zoom consult to determine if I am a good fit for you, your child, and/or your family.
Second Step: Schedule an individualized intake meeting (1 to 1.5 hours). During this initial meeting, we will cover consent and service related information. I will also answer any questions that you may have so that you can make an informed decision about starting ongoing therapeutic services with me. We will then discuss the presenting challenge(s), goal area(s), initial treatment plan, session frequency, and set up. Please note, you officially become a client once the intake process is complete and consent for service forms are signed.
Ongoing: If I am working with your child, communication throughout the process to support change across therapeutic, home, and community settings.
Information on Service Cost, Payment, and Direct Billing Options: Therapy sessions are typically $170 per 50 minutes, payable at the end of each session. For assessment fees, please see the assessment heading under the services tab. I accept debit, most credit cards, e-transfer, and cheques. At this time, I offer direct billing to the following insurance providers: ASEBP, Canada Life, Medavie Blue Cross, Veterans Affairs, and The Co-operators. I also offer direct billing to Telus Health participating Insurers who allow direct billing and reimbursement for Psychological Services. If you have coverage, please check with your provider as many plans do cover all or a portion of psychological services and will allow you to submit for reimbursement yourself. I am also an Approved Provider for: FSCD (Family Supports for Children with Disabilities) as well as NIHB (Health Canada’s First Nations and Inuit Health Branch).
Initial Information on Your Rights and My Ethics
- You can say yes, no, I don’t know, and good-bye at any time during our work together.
- Length of services will vary based on your goals, needs, and preferences.
- Questions are warmly welcomed.
- I aim to always provide a safe, professional, and therapeutic space.
- If I am working with your child, I will inquire about and respect your value system(s).
- If I am working with your child, I will let you know if I have safety concerns.
- If I am working with your child, you will be included in the process to help support therapy outcomes. Your level of involvement will be discussed and agreed upon collaboratively at the onset of services.
- I take engaging in ethical practice very seriously and follow a strict code of ethics outlined by the Canadian Psychological Association.
- I am highly committed to continual learning to help ensure I am providing you with the best possible service based on your presenting concerns and goal areas.
- To help provide a high level of quality care, I regularly engage in consultation with other specialists in the field. During this consultation, your identifying information is kept strictly confidential.
- If I believe I am not appropriately trained to support the presenting area you or your family are seeking support for, I will let you know and provide you with alternative referrals.